Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chicago! Part Two - Our Date










Grammy Spencer offered to keep our kids occupied for the day so that we could go out for a date. Hmmm, free babysitter, different place, what to do? We were supposed to take the train into Chicago, but changed our minds at the last minute. Three hours on the train just didn't seem like the best use of time to me. So off we went to explore all that Crystal Lake had to offer. After a few errands we headed to this little crepe shop for lunch where I discovered that I have no desire to ever eat goat cheese again. We drove around a little while, quizzed a guy at the camera shop on the necessities of getting a studio up and running, and then my favorite part, wandered around this awesome park minutes from where the kids were playing with Grammy at home. I really wish we had a place like this 5 minutes from our house. It was beautiful with all of the fall leaves. The end result was still over 3 hours travel time, and maybe we should have taken in the sights in the city, but I've got some really cool pictures!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: